[Code25 / Android 9] - Gateway won't connect to Code25

votes

Hello, 

I recently acquired a Code25 amp along with its footswitch (excellent for practising, great for gigs). 

One interesting feature is the Gateway app, however it doesn't seem to function with Android 9... making it useless

My device (latest version of Android 9) successfully finds the amp and pair with it, but the app doesn't display any connected Amp... even if the phone is literally ON the Amp. Nothing seems to correct this: tried resinstalling, repairing, etc. 

Is there anything to do here? Any fix? 

Thanks,

asked 10 Jan 2019 at 10:42 AM

omar atik
Answers: 6

vote

The problem not in android 9. I have Xiaomi Mi A2 with android 9 and gateway app works fine.

answered 11 Jan 2019 at 03:11 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)
Hi Denis!
Which bluetooth version does it come with?
- omar atik 11 Jan 2019 at 07:47 AM
Hi! Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE - Denis Moysienko 11 Jan 2019 at 08:38 AM
Thanks ! - omar atik 11 Jan 2019 at 03:53 PM

votes

Hi Omar,

Thank you for your email, please make sure you are following the correct connection process, try the below link to help with this,

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/838/code---gateway-bluetooth-connection-troubleshooting

Marshall Support

answered 10 Jan 2019 at 02:16 PM

votes

Hello, 

Thanks for your answer.

As said earlier, I already tried everything and followed your connection guide step by step, and nothing seems to work... 

Bluetooth connection with the device : OK / Connection with Gateway : NOT OK, the amp doesn't even display in Gateway.

So what to do ? I'm seriously considering returning the amp. 

answered 10 Jan 2019 at 02:22 PM

omar atik
Hi Omar,

Could I ask which device you have, that you are trying to connect to Code.

There could be an issue with the Bluetooth module on the amplifier, I would suggest contacting the store and arranging for an engineer to have a look at the amp for you.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 10 Jan 2019 at 02:27 PM

votes

Hi, 

I use a Huawei Mate 20 Pro with the latest Android 9 (Bluetooth version 5.0 with ADP + aptX + LE).  Is the app compatible with this configuration, or are your teams planning a new release soon? 

Regards,

answered 10 Jan 2019 at 02:34 PM

omar atik
Hi Omar,

The App Team are working on a new update for those having this issue, there are users with your device able to use the app.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 10 Jan 2019 at 02:38 PM

votes

Hello, 

The app works (as in I downloaded it from the Play Store and installed it, it launches fine, I can connect my Marshall user account and download my presets), but it does NOT detect the amp Code25 previously paired with my phone.

Is there a planned release date?

Thanks, 

answered 10 Jan 2019 at 02:49 PM

omar atik
Hi Omar,

At this time there is no date, but we are working on it for the users that are having connection issues.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 10 Jan 2019 at 02:53 PM

votes

I use Huawei P10 Lite (Android 8). Phone and Amp are paired succesfully but when I use Gateway App it doesn't see Amp. I have still green button not red.

I've updated firmware but it didn't resolve problem

answered 15 Jan 2019 at 05:12 PM

Janusz Kojtek
Might be a compatibility problem with Huawei phones/Amp ... ? - omar atik 16 Jan 2019 at 01:40 PM
The problem not in android 9. I have Xiaomi Mi A2 with android 9 and gateway app works fine.
- Dogi Lal 18 Aug 2019 at 04:50 PM
Loading - please wait...